Students are expected to attend all classes. The administrator’s record of attendance for each student becomes part of their permanent file. Unexcused absences will not be tolerated and may result in termination of the student from classes. Medical absences, with a letter from the doctor, are excused.
- Cancellation prior to commencement of classes. If the school does not accept the application or cancels the enrollment, all fees paid, excluding the application fee of $50 will be fully refunded. If cancellation is requested in writing by the applicant (or parent/guardian) prior to midnight of the third business day after signing the enrollment agreement, all fees paid, excluding the application fee, will be fully refunded. Notice of cancellation should be mailed Registered or Certified with Return Receipt Requested. The post mark on the letter, or date of telegram, determines the date of cancellation.
- Termination or withdrawal after start of classes. Students may withdraw voluntarily from the program. In this case, a letter is mandatory from the student stating withdrawal intentions. An individual’s status as a student shall be terminated by the school not later than seven instructional days after the last day on which the student actually attended the school. In the event of termination after classes begin, the Canine Clipper School of Pet Grooming may retain tuition fees based on a 16 week program.
- A student who enters the school but withdraws or is terminated during the first one-fourth of the program shall be entitled to a minimum refund amounting to seventy-five percent of the cost of the program.
- A student who withdraws or is terminated during the second one-fourth of the program shall be entitled to a minimum refund amounting to fifty percent of the cost of the program.
- A student who withdraws or is terminated during the third one-fourth of the program shall be entitled to a minimum refund amounting to twenty-five percent of the cost of the program.
- A student who withdraws after completing three fourths of the program shall not be entitled to a refund.
- Special cases: In the event of prolonged student illness, serious accident, death in the immediate family or other circumstances that prevent completion of the course, a settlement will be made which is fair to both parties.
Any refund due to the applicant will be returned within 30 days after cancellation or termination.
The student is graded on classroom performance, written exams and practical application. Classroom performance and written exams will account for 25% of the grade; practical application or “hands on” performance will account for the other 75%. Students will be given a report of their grade average every four weeks. Students who have a grade average which falls below 70% will be put on academic probation for a period of two weeks, with such notification in writing. If the student fails to bring his/her average up to above 70% at the end of probationary period, he/she will be terminated from school. In order to graduate, the student’s grade average must be at least 70%, and he/she must demonstrate proficiency as a pet groomer, as determined by the instructor.
With the exception of one pair of roughing scissors, tools and equipment shall not be removed from the school premises until the student has completed the program.
For the comfort of the students, employees, and animals, smoking is not permitted in the building.
Students will groom all animals delivered to the salon in the method and style requested by the animal’s owner, as much as possible. Each animal will be treated with care, kindness, and compassion in a professional and skillful manner.
Tools and Equipment:
Students will have their first tool kit purchased by Canine Clippers School of Pet Grooming. Any other tools or supplies will have to be purchased by the student. Students are responsible for having all of their own grooming tools and equipment at work with them. Students cannot use another person’s equipment without permission.
It is the responsibility of each student to provide the finest grooming service that they are capable of and to present themselves to the customers in a confident, cheerful and professional manner. Refusal to groom or complete any task assigned can result in termination.
Each student will be responsible for keeping the grooming salon clean and free from clutter. At the end of each grooming day the following duties will be performed by each student working that day:
- Grooming tables will be cleaned with a solution of warm water, soap and chlorine bleach to include tops, sides and bottoms.
- Kennels will be vacuumed and wiped down with the above solution and will be free of hair, dirt or feces, etc.
- Hair will be vacuumed after each dog and at the end of the day the entire floor area, shelves and other places where it accumulates.
- Dryers and fans will be cleaned of hair from motors, screens and wheels when it accumulates. Dryer hoses will be checked to assure good working order.
- Towels will be washed and folded to be ready for the next grooming day. Washer and dryer will be wiped clean and free of dirt and soap accumulation.
- Tubs will be wiped down to be free of dirt and hair after each bathed pet.
- Generally, the grooming area should be left in a clean and orderly condition, ready for the next day.