Canine Clipper School of Pet Grooming is Certified to Operate by SCHEV
At Canine Clippers School of Pet Grooming, we want to help you realize your dream of a creative and rewarding career in grooming the beloved, furry members of most American families: our pets. Our goals are to:
- Provide professional, attentive, and friendly instructors who, as pet owners themselves, are dedicated to the competent and compassionate care of pets.
- Provide safe, hands-on instruction and small class sizes in order to allow one-on-one attention to students. We only allow six students per session.
- Employ a professional grooming staff, dedicated to furthering excellence in the pet grooming profession.
- Be flexible with scheduling class times to meet our students’ needs.
- Prepare our students to graduate and enter the pet grooming profession in a skilled, caring, and responsible manner.
- Support our students’ dreams if they wish to compete at local and national shows. Many of our graduates have received multiple awards.
- Assist our graduates, at no additional charge, to further their grooming careers or to start their own businesses, including mobile grooming.
- Encourage Veterans: Canine Clippers School of Pet Grooming is approved by the Commonwealth of Virginia to accept VA/GI Bill funding.
- Help Individuals with Disabilities: We have been approved by the Virginia Department of Rehabilitative Services and we’re in active partnership with them to teach and prepare individuals with disabilities to join or re-join the work force.
Full time classes are 16 weeks Tuesday – Friday 9am to 3pm and Saturdays 8am – 5pm.
This is a comprehensive program that covers more than how to bathe and groom pets. You will learn to groom, to AKC standards, many different breeds of dogs. Along with pet grooming, you’ll also learn show grooming. You will learn the anatomy of a dog, how to spot problems and health concerns, the history of the most common breeds, common vocabulary (there will be a vocabulary test each week), etc. Our program enables you to conduct yourself in a professional manner that will draw a strong & continuous client base. We will also cover the basics of how to deal with clients and how to deal with common pitfalls and complaints you might come across out in the grooming profession. Ultimately, we are looking to graduate intelligent, goal-driven groomers who will continue to further the field and perform quality work.
We can negotiate a schedule in which you attend school a few days a week. Part time attendance will extend your schooling to more than the 16 weeks, but when you’ve completed 600 hours, and passed all your required tests, you can graduate. You will not, however, get the full benefits of what the school offers if you are not here a minimum of 3 days a week; the curriculum needs to be taken very seriously in order to excel in this profession.
The total cost is $8,950, broken down: $50 for the non-refundable Application Fee (due at interview), $7550 for Tuition, and a non-refundable $1350 for Tools and Text.
Tool, Text & Application Fee is needed at least two weeks before the starting date in the amount of $1,400.00, there is no reimbursement on tools or application fee. The remaining balance of $7550 can be paid in full on the first day of class or a minimum of $2500 on the first day. The remaining balance can be set up on a payment plan. Payment amounts are negotiable and are subject to additional 10% interest.
For the convenience of our students, Canine Clippers School of Pet Grooming accepts all major credit cards for tuition payments, and for the purchase of tools and equipment. There is an additional 5% service charge added to the total cost on credit card payments.
Yes you get hands-on experience. There are several specific breeds you will learn on and we have clients who bring their dogs to us with the knowledge that students will be working on them. You may bring in your own dog for educational purposes only. If they fit in with the instruction taking place you may bring them, if not, we ask that you leave them home.
No. You will receive a diploma and will have enough knowledge to get your certification through the National Dog Groomer’s Association. We will also assist you, free of charge, when you decide you want to be certified.
Yes. We are in continuous contact with many groomers around the country and can assist you in whatever your plans are for the future, whether it’s starting your own business, working for a grooming salon, or mobile grooming.
No cats are no longer a part of our curriculum.
Unfortunately, not at this time. But, if you’re coming from a distance and need a place to stay during your schooling, we will assist in anyway we can.